Re: Rose & Janet-pain pills

Wed May 30 11:27:19 2001

Opioids cause constipation. When your doctor prescribes opioids, he or she should suggest an appropriate OTC laxative. I asked our doctor what the one, best laxative would be to take on a daily basis; he suggested Milk of Magnesia. You can take the liquid or the capsules. Or, look for the "store brand" equivalent (same active ingredient).

By the way, this same gastroenterologist had an interesting point of view on laxatives. He did not believe that a person taking laxatives becomes dependent on them. His belief was that people who take laxatives on a regular basis, and have to increase the amount of laxatives, must do so because their gut dismotility problem gets worse.

Also, consider your diet, such as increasing your intake of water and fiber. However, fiber can cause problems for people with a gut dismotility.

Opioids can also cause nausea and vomiting, as can other drugs. With some people, the nausea lessens after 7-10 days.

-----Original Message----- From: Jean Long [mailto:creative@enter.net] Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 10:43 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Rose & Janet-pain pills

Believe me, I just wish my body permitted me to take them on a regular basis, then maybe I could move a little instead of sitting still all the time.

I have a real problem with meds because of the side affects I get because of my totally messed up body. I either get sick & throw up from them or the constipation gets even worse.

I have such an extreme constipation problem for most of my adult life which has progressively gotten worse as the "decades" have gone by.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: