Re: I am back

Sun May 27 05:23:44 2001

Bad timing on the part of the doctors. Find a pain doctor that will objectively help you rather than listening to the GYN. He will constructively find the right meds for you and hopefully help you sort out the need for pain control. After surgery everyone needs pain control, some more than others. Dr Semertzides is a good doctor for being non-judgmental. Tell mom and dad that they need to support you in seeking a solution not condemn you for having real pain. Tell them to walk a mile in your shoes. -----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Joy Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2001 6:36 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: I am back

Hi, everyone. I got out of the hospital toady. Needless to say I am not feeling to wonferful, I hope the surgery was successful, the doc who did most of the surgery feels like I need to go to a pain management doctor, because there wasn't alot of adhesions left, Dr Semertzides didn't say this ( he is the doc who takes care of me for the adhesions) but the gyn who did the rest of the surgery is the one who said that. Dr. Semertzides said that the smaller the adhesions are the more pain they cause. The docs at the hospital didn,t put me on strong enough pain meds after the surgery , they tried taking me from a morphine pump to vicodine less than 18 hours after the surgery. Vicodin was what I was on before the surgery . I was freaking out, I couldn't get ahold of either doctor so I had to deal with it for a while, finally the gyn did come and changed the meds to percocet. I honestly don't feel like I am a drug seeker, but I am begiining to wonder. I only know that the pain I have been in is awful, my Mom has been treating me like dirt and I am feeling like no one understands right now. It also didn't help that the doc told my Mom and Dad that I was addicted to pain pills and that was what was causing most of my pain. Never mind that he waited until after he cut me open to tell them this. The adhesion doctor is not the one who has said this it was the gyn. I guess I almost alomst all vented out now. What does a pain managment doctor do anyway? Joy

Joy Schmidt Honeycutt List Manager for Grant County Kentucky, Gallatin County Kentucky, Jump Family Mail List, Eaglen Family Mail List, Lacey Family Mail List, Rankin Family Mail List

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: