Re: Sally from Jean- shutting computer off

Sat May 26 18:37:11 2001

Sally, "If" you change "system settings" like the screen resolution you are suppose to re-boot. You should also re-boot if you install or remove programs etc. You don't have to re-boot just to change general settings on tool-bars though.

Yes, I leave my tower (that is the computer) on all the time. If you turn it off and on allot it can be harder on your computer than leaving it on. Mine is on 24 x 7.....I occasionally shut it off for a day or a few hours on a Sunday to give a total refresh of the memory and to give it a break.

It does get a reboot when it locks up on me or is acting a bit weird to straighten it out (not total shut-down, a re-start). I have 2 computers networked together and 2 phone lines (one w/ fax machine and internet on same line). I also have 3 printers and a scanner networked, so sometimes things get goofy on me. JEAN

Thought for the day: "SMILE" - It confuses people!

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Sally Grigg" <lostcst@mcn.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2001 7:01 PM Subject: To Jean from Sally

Dear Jean, are you supposed to leave your tower on all the time? Is that why you reboot. You don't turn it off each time and restart? Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: