Re: Helen- format question

Wed May 23 21:19:00 2001

Helen D., I'm impressed you know about that! Trying to take my job huh? (LOL)

Yes...you are also right with doing that....but that controls your monitors resolution, not just your email messages.

The higher the resolution the smaller and less choppy things will be. It will give you a larger work space (desktop area) for everything you work with on your computer. The lower the resolution the bigger, less clarity and less "work-space you have". Sometimes you need to adjust your horizontal & vertical on your monitor after changing the resolution because it will change that also, and then you could have a black border. It depends on someone's video card how high it will allow them to go with the resolution.

I am too old for the "tiny" and my son has a fit because he wants to boost up my resolution all the time and I have to tell him to let it alone. I can't see good enough if it is too small. With my graphic designing I must have a specific resolution or my printer doesn't match the colors I see on my monitor. I keep mine at 1024 x 768 High Color, but I am capable of going higher.

By the way, you are usually suppose to re-boot after you change the resolution.

800 x 600 is what allot of people use who play games etc. Actually that makes things pretty large. I'm surprised if yours was previously set lower than that.

Helen, thanks for the challenge, I love it (LOL)! JEAN

Thought for the day: "Actions speak louder than Words"

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Helen Dynda" <olddad66@runestone.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 9:49 PM Subject: Re: format question

Jean, you are more knowledgeable about the computer than I am; but I tried doing what you suggested and I still had problems in being able to see the entire message.

I have much better luck by *right-clicking* on the miniature computer on the lower right side of my computer.

When I do that, a menu pops-up; and when I click *800x600 High Color*, I am able to read the messages -- without having to go from side to side in order to read sentences.

I hope I explained this in a way that others can understand. Not all computers are the same; so this may not work for others...but it does for me.

-- Helen

At Wed, 23 May 2001, Jean Long wrote: >
>Dawn,
>Go up to "View" on your tool-bar, go down to "Text Size" and you can choose the size you want for viewing email (smallest to largest).
>Naturally the smaller the text is the more will fit across a line.
>JEAN
>
>Thought for the day: "Actions speak louder than Words"
>

>>>----- Original Message -----
>From: "dawn" <momofverymany@aol.com>
>To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com>
>Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 9:21 PM
>Subject: format question
>
>why is it that sometimes the postings on the message board fit with out
>me having to scroll back and forth and other days like today i have to