Re: more info on my procedure....LUNA?

Wed May 23 09:18:36 2001

Hi Sally,

Glad to meet you too. I wish you well on your surgery. Keep your spirits up. Hopefully someday we will all be pain free and without DRUGS!

--
Karen

At Tue, 22 May 2001, Sally Grigg wrote: > >Dear Karen, Hi, pleased to meet you. I'm having surgery in Penn. June 28th, >and am not doin so well myself right now. So I'll just say hello and good >luck. Sally > >karen wrote: > >> Hi all, >> >> Three weeks ago I had surgery not knowing what to expect. I think I >> posted the outcome and it was confusing to some as it was to me. I have >> a bit more info and thought I would share it. >> >> Last year I was diagnosed with adhesions and endo during a lap. >> Continued to have pain for over a year dispite Lupron and being thrown >> all over to different doc's. >> >> During this lap my new gyn found that my left broad ligament >> (uterosacral ligament) was significantly shorter than the right. On the >> pictures the right looked to be 3-4 inches and the left only about 1 >> inch, almost not even there! There was endo on this ligament and behind. >> The dr. thinks this is what caused it to shrink up causing adhesions on >> the ligament as well. He says he has never seen anything like it. What >> he did to try to alleviate the problem is he cut right through the >> ligament and the nerve that runs through it, thus freeing it. He says >> that this in fact is what could have been causing my back, groin, leg, >> labia, abdomen and hip pain for so long. Because the uterus was not >> being allowing to "float freely". Periods were very painful too. >> >> For the first week or so all I had was the surgical pain. I felt pretty >> good. Every once and a while I feel this exact pain again. I am very >> scared to do any activity because if I do start to hurt again, I will >> not be able to say I feel better after my surgery. I so want to say I >> feel better, cut and dry. >> >> I will see him in about 6 more weeks to follow up and see what is going >> on, how I feel etc. Apparently it might take a little while to feel the >> full effects? Don't know why if he cut through the ligament and the >> nerve. From what I can gather this procedure is called the LUNA >> procedere, laparoscopin uterosacral nerve ablation. Has anyone had it >> or heard of it?? >> >> Like I said, the doctor has never seen anything like this "shrunken >> ligament". Says if this works he is going to write it up as a >> report...gee thanks. >> >> Any info or input would be greatly appreciated. I know some and not all >> of you have endo as well. I have also been to the endo forum and >> haven't gotten any responses there. >> >> Sorry this is so long.... >> >> Take care all, >> Karen H. >>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: