Browkenwing

Tue May 22 21:39:01 2001

Hi Brokenwing, I am sorry you are having such a difficult time right now. I know how difficult it can be when you cannot get out of the house. When that has happened to me in the past, I am the type of person who starts to withdraw from the outside world. I found myself screening calls, not wanting visitors, just not wanting to be social at all. Depression took hold and it was terrible. My family ignored my wishes for no visitors and I am glad they did! (They know me better than I do!). They pulled me back from the brink of disaster-that's what family (and friends are for!). How old are you boys? Are there things that you can do with them while you are laying or sitting on the couch or bed? My son use to set up his Nintendo game and we would play for hours. He would bring puzzles, games, books for me to read to him and colors and coloring books. It made me feel like I was actually being a good mom. Not that you aren't by any means! I think as moms, we feel like we have to be "Super Mom" in order to be a good mother. My son actually liked it because he had my undivided attention. He wasn't competing for my attention as he did when I was doing laundry, making dinner, doing yard work, etc... Kids are very special people. They are ever the optimists! Know that we are all here for you to listen and offer hugs and prayers! Hang in there! Your Doctor in Shining Scalpels is just around the corner! Much Love, Lisa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: