Re: Dismal Dr Visit

Wed May 16 23:20:16 2001

Missy, I am sorry about your experience with the surgeon today. Why must docs., who aren't experts in dealind with adhesions make comments like this? Why do they suggest and anti-depressant? If it weren't for docs and people like him who don't believe that we have " real pain " , we probably wouldn't need anti-depressants.I have been very lucky( thanks to this list) in finding a doctor right off the bat who knew how to treat the adhesions and believed that I had pain, it is just taking a little while to fix everything because there were so many adhesions along with nerve damage and a herniated incesion. One good thing did happen when you went to this doctor though. You found out that he has no business doing surgery on you in the first place. I hope you have a pain free day tomorrow. I will have you in my prayers and thoughts, Hugs , Joy
--
Joy Schmidt Honeycutt
List Manager for
Grant County Kentucky, Gallatin County Kentucky,
Jump Family Mail List, Eaglen Family Mail List, Lacey Family Mail List,
 Rankin Family Mail List

>----- Original Message ----- From: TediBrHugs@aol.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 4:50 PM Subject: Dismal Dr Visit

> Well as usual according to this dr it is all in my head, there is no pain and > there is nothing he can do about it. Ofcourse I know having surgery brings > the risk of more adhesions, but what do I do to live with it now? There is > nothing you can do and there is no pain it's all in your head. > What good is an anti depressant in regards to pain?? That was his solution > an ANTI DEPRESSANT for PAIN!!!!! I'm sorry but this pain is too real, too > debilitating, too all consuming not to be real. I am so stressed out !!!! > It's a good thing that I am going away tomorrow otherwise I might not be held > accountable for my actions. > Helen C. I would like to start making arrangements to see Dr. Statkus. I > will get a referral from my PCP so if you can help me again with those > arrangements I would appreciate it. > Thanks for the prayers friends, but obviously this dr just doesn't believe > that adhesions cause pain. Like this would be something new. > Love, > missy >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: