Re: now i have no gyn

Tue May 15 22:58:33 2001

Dear Dawn,

I'm glad you were able to make it through another day, bleeding and all. While I think it is less likely you will bleed to death, though (heaven forbid!) I hope you aren't becoming anemic. I bled for months after my hyst and got really weakened by it. It is scary and impressive how long the body can continue to bleed. :(

If you are having trouble eating, (and even if you are not -- gotta have vitamins), there are these natural soy powders that are loaded with protein and other valuable nutrients...they are made by Nature Made and come in all sorts of flavors. My favorite is chocolate (big surprise, NOT! <G>)

What I would do is toss a scoop of yogurt or ice cream in the blender, some of my favorite frozen fruit, a few ounces of juice or milk and a couple of scoops of the powder...tasted yummy and got the much-needed nutrients down. I was unable to eat hardly at all due to nausea and other complications and my weight went from 102 pre-hyst to 85 pounds post-hyst. With the soy powder shakes, I found I was able to put on the calories and have a little energy while my body continued to bleed/heal. I'm back to a robust 103 right now! (I'm 5' 3 1/2 " tall.) Thanks to my good friends, Ben & Jerry <G>.

Please try to pamper yourself when you aren't working...put your feet up and remember it's OK to sit down and let your body rest.

There is a good doctor out there who can help you...I will pray the path to him/her opens up to you straight away. Good luck and please keep us posted -- we care!!!!

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: