Miscarriage...D&C...Asherman' Syndrome: Tammy's Story

Mon May 14 18:54:35 2001

||| Tammy's Story

Wow, where do I begin? My history of pregnancy problems began in Nov of 1995 when I had a miscarriage with our 1st child at 12wks after a heartbeat was detected around 8wks.

We then went into another pregnancy that following that Jan. Things seemed great until I lost our son Brandon at 24wks on July 2, 1996. He survived 9 1/2 hrs but his lungs were not mature enough. I ended up having a dilated cervix at 3-4 cm, leaking of the water bag & the Group B Beta Strep virus. At that time the doctors were not sure what caused what. We did several tests & everything came back normal.

In April of 1997 I had another miscarriage at 8wks for unknown reason. I was not ready to give up hope although I was told but family & friends that I should wait for awhile or try adoption. We tried AGAIN & I got pregnant that Aug 97. I ended up losing my daughter Kaylee at 19wks due to the incompetent cervix & had a choice to get a cerclage which would have kept the cervix closed. But, the doctor & I agreed that if I went to see him every two weeks that we could tell if the cervix was dilating & do the cerclage then. Well things happened too fast & nothing could have been done. I delivered her stillborn & then 2 wks later I needed an emergency D&C because part of the placenta was still attached.

I almost bleed to death & was very lucky that a hysterectomy was not needed. That was in Dec 97. I decided to wait for a little while to try & give my body a break. Then in Oct 98 I lost another pregnancy at 8wks for reasons unknown again. I had a D&C then again 2 wks later I needed another D&C because of some placenta left. I then had more tests including a HSG which at that time showed severe Ashermans Syndrome (scarring of the uterus). It was to the point where doctors thought that I may need more then 1 surgery ( which may still not work ). I then thought that my dreams of ever having a healthy child were never going to come true.

In April 99 I had a Hysteroscopy to try & remove the scarring. To everyone's surprise it was a success. The doctors were pretty amazed that it worked the 1st time & went better than expected. I was told that I could still have the scar tissue come back, or the placenta could stay attached during delivery. Well we got the okay to try again. It took us a little while to get pregnant. My cycles were off. We then did 2 cycles of clomid & 1 insemination which none seemed to work. I never had any problems getting pregnant so I was getting worried that the scar tissue came back. I waited another month. I called the doctor to have another HSG & that when they said I was pregnant Nov 99. I had a cerclage at 14 wks in Feb 2000. We also did bed rest from 20-28 wks along.

I then delivered a healthy baby boy Noah Joshua Aug 14, 2000 ( a week before my due date). He weighed 7pds 5.7 oz & was 19 1/2 inches long. There was no complications during delivery due to the Ashermans. I have my little miracle baby now.

I hope I can all give you hope & encouragement. Miracles do happen...

Contact Us If you

If would like to join our support group, go to http://www.egroups.com/group/Ashermans, Click Subscribe, and join us. Feel free to introduce yourself, search our messages for information that may be helpful to you, and ASK QUESTIONS. You'll find a group of very helpful and supportive women that have been dealing with Ashermans Syndrome and are educating themselves and others through this online group.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: