Re: Toni- cramping with laxatives

Mon May 14 11:58:00 2001

Toni, The only time I have the bad labor pain type of cramping and sharp pain problems with Shaklee's Herblax is if the stool gets to the point of having form to it. It is like the inside of my intestines are raw and it cuts or scrapes as it moves through. When that happens it is usually due to falling asleep without taking it for one night, taking allot of pain pills or other constipation producing things, etc. Herblax is gentler than Ex-lax etc. and is a natural herbal laxative.

I may get a little cramping other times but normally go right when it comes on which relieves the cramping immediately.

Everyone is different though.

I definitely don't like being addicted to laxatives either and also was very young when all this started but since no-one ever helped and nothing else worked I had no choice (you gotta go). I had gone 10 days with no bowel movement in the beginning. I drank a full bottle of prune juice, ate prunes, took Metamucil, took a suppository, drank milk of magnesia, ate fiber, tried the bland diet, went to chiropractors, fleets enema, warm water, anti-depressants from doctor and steroids and still couldn't go....next was quitting doctors and going on laxatives. I had even tried mineral oil. Jean . . .

** The greatest Gift of all ......... is the gift of love**

>----- Original Message -----
From: "toni welsh" <twelsh1@hotmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 8:20 AM Subject: Re: GONE AWHILE STILL PROBLEMS

At Sun, 13 May 2001, Jean Long wrote: >
>Toni,
>That is exactly whet happens to me if I forget to take my laxatives one night! I could NEVER let it go for days at a time!!
>I am also dependent on them for many years and our body can't function without them now.
>
>If I take just one pain pill I must take 2 extra laxatives to counteract it.
>Because of the laparoscopy I just had AND a pain pill and anesthesia I couldn't even go with that many so I finally got Colace stool softener and also took 4 of them besides my 12 Herblax for 2 nights, and finally the pain isn't that sharp knife-like pain anymore and my bloating went down.
>
>Mine also gets that hard immediately after only one night of forgetting. It has happened several times afterward that my rectum really hurt and I even "filled" the toilet with blood.
>The pain is that bad I must hold my breath....almost like severe labor pains.
>Jean . . .
>
>** The greatest Gift of all ......... is the gift of love**
>

>>>----- Original Message -----
>From: "toni welsh" <twelsh1@hotmail.com>
>To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com>
>Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 10:19 PM
>Subject: GONE AWHILE STILL PROBLEMS
>
>I was reading posts for awhile, and was wanting to ask some of you girls
>about the constipation thing AGAIN! I have been taking laxatives for 3
>years, and I do not go without them. I normally take them all the time,
>but lately I have not been taking the time to take it. I did not go for
>over five days, and on the sixth day I took 4 tablets senekot, and it
>woke me up at 5 in the morning, and I felt alot of cramping, it normally
>works after about ten hours, and it was only 5 hours after taking it. I
>got up and could not get the stool to go out, and the PAIN felt like I
>was going to explode, it hurt EXTREMELY bad for about 15 minutes, and I
>finally yelled to get husband up. The pain was strong, and was all the
>way through the rectum, it was SO hard! He kept telling me to relax, and
>I fu=inally went, SOME, but the whole day after this happens, the whole
>area is sore to touch. Can this be a sign of an obstruction> I have not
>had bowel movements with out senekot for two years, except the 2 weeks I
>had diarreha, and pain in upper area! That was weird too, that was in
>march of this year! ADHESSIONS are ruining my life, and I am SICK and
>TIRED of beoing addicted to laxatives, I have not gone to drs much
>lately, they do not want to help me here!
>
>HELP!
>
>TOni

That is exactly how it felt for me Saturday morning, Labor pains. I feel I am too young to be laxative dependant, I hate taking them. I was wondering about herb lax, does it cramp you alot? Senekot does when I have to take so many. Thanks or answering my post.

Toni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: