Reactions to the Intergel

Fri May 11 21:17:27 2001

Hi all, Well, I am now 5 weeks post op and getting stronger everyday. I was in such a brain fog! I just wanted to sleep most of the day. What I wanted to discuss was allergic reactions to the Intergel. When I came home from Germany I completely fell apart. It wasn't until then that all the swelling started. I had the same thing last year and so now I am sure that it must be the Intergel. It felt as though everything was too big to fit in my abdominal cavity and so everything hurt from my back to my ribs. It is like living with the flu without the nausea or vomiting! And the pain was unbelievable. There was no relief at all but lying down made it tolerable. The first 2 weeks were the hardest and then it slowly started to get better. I was swallowing gas pills and Motrin and thank God I was still on the Methadone or I wouldn't have made it. By 4 weeks it was almost completely gone. I am now only having pain where he took out the nerve mass. But everyday it gets better and I am now taking a half of a pill instead of 2 pills at a time! And today I swam in my pool for 15 minutes. I would go through it again in a minute just to be adhesion free. I hope this helps people who are afraid of the Intergel. I do know, however, that there are those who have had severe reactions and I am not sure what their symptoms are. Hope this answers some questions. Love, Joanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: