Re: ( 1.) Bev's Story about her adhesiolysis....April 22, 1999

Fri May 11 12:09:11 2001

Wow...amazingly useful information...thank you for sharing.

Perhaps the months of unchecked bleeding I had following my hyst contributed to my getting adhesions. I even bled so much directly following surgery they took me back in to knock me out again and see what the heck was going on. In the report from that doctor there was mention of clots and stuff. I never ordered the report from the hospital, is there a separate one?

9 days after I went home from the hyst, I had to go to the ER to get more stitches on the cuff but they didn't knock me out before they did them...words do not exist to describe the pain from the needle when they gave me a shot of xylocaine on the cuff. It didn't numb me and they tried to stitch anyway. I couldn't bear it for more than two stitches I think, so then they tried silver nitrate to stick the cuff together. I still bled for months. The adhesion pain started two months post hyst. *Sigh*

Today is a pretty tough pain day again. Different than the adhesion pain but still sharp. I hope it is from healing, and not more adhesions. But if there are more adhesions, and I need to find a new doctor again, this info will really help. Thank you.

I am afraid to ask what Dr. Reich charges. Doubtful that he takes insurance, right?

Wishing you all a pain-free day,

Lynda in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: