Re: My mission: ARD Education

Thu May 10 21:37:21 2001

Hi Ginny --

Like you, I have been touched and overwhelmed by the kindness, caring, responsiveness and encouragement of the people in this community.

My old doctor couldn't be counted on to return phone calls. When I stumbled across the UK site (found that one before this one), Kath Findley let Dr. Wiseman know there was a new person suffering over here from this horrible problem...he e-mailed me, Janet Karam e-mailed me with support, encouragement and the URL for the IAS site. And since I've posted bits of my story, I've gotten so many private e-mails from people offering a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen and useful tips on how to make each day a little more manageable. My address book is quickly getting filled with names of new friends that truly understand, who sincerely want to help! I am astounded, but mostly I am grateful!

I lost my job a month after my hyst. Haven't worked since, except for some odd dog training here and there as I am able to do. It is hard to be let go for any reason, no matter if they graft a plausible one over the truth. Having doors slammed in your face because you are sick is as horrible and devastating as the pain itself. :(

There is a saying I hold onto when things look grim, "When one door closes, another opens." The loss of your job is now enabling you to go out there and do some real good!!! I am so glad you see this as a blessing in disguise. I will pray the path remains clear for you to pursue your new job in a manner that will reward you emotionally and financially. All the best of luck to you, and thank you for being there. Thank you for the good you do every day!!

{{{hugs}}}

Lynda in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: