Fw: IAS Newsletter problems

Wed May 9 16:37:52 2001

To anyone having problems with missing letters (C's) etc. on the Newsletter follow the instructions below!!

The reason you can't see the IAS Newsletter properly is probably because you have an old version of Acrobat Reader. I also couldn't see the "C's" at first. If you open your Acrobat Reader and go to the "help" on the toolbar and then "About Acrobat Reader" it tells you the version you have. I only had version 3.1. and was missing "C's" on some of the words and Helen also had this problem. Bev has version 4 and didn't have a problem seeing the C's.

I just downloaded the "free" Acrobat Reader that is on the IAS website main page http://www.adhesions.org/ where it has the newsletter. It now works fine and shows the "C's"! This is for installing the "free" Adobe Acrobat Reader- Version 5.

1. Click on the IAS Newsletter square box in the blue area that says "click here" 2. Click on where it says and is underlined in green "Adobe Acrobat Reader" 3. Scroll to the bottom of the window that opens up and click on "Get Acrobat Reader free!" (in red & blue type). 4. Next window opens up and scroll down to where there are 3 steps for installing (in gray area). 5. Make sure the correct info. is in step 1 (windows 95 or 98, English and USA) 5. Go to step 3 and click "Download" (in red button). 6. When gray window pops up make sure "download to disk" is selected then click "OK".

Downloading will take a long time so drink coffee and relax or do something else.

7. When done downloading a window will pop up asking if you want to "Open Folder", click on this option. 8. "Double click on the Icon" that appears in a little window that opens. (under the icon it will say "rp500env..exe (if you have windows 95, and a different number for windows 98) THIS WILL INSTALL THE PROGRAM FOR YOU! 9. Just answer yes or ok to all the questions that come up!!

After it is done installing re-boot your computer (restart). You will now have the up-dated version 5.

Jean (from PA) . . .

** The greatest Gift of all ......... is the gift of love**

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: