Re: Some startling information from Sally

Wed May 9 11:53:43 2001

Dear Sally, What did Dr. Redan mean when he said, "He told me that the medications I am on (morphine (?) patches and roxicodone (all opiate derivatives) were bad for people with adhesions as they slowed down the small intestine". Why are these medications any different then the others? Why would there be no point in having the operation? Please keep in touch, Hope you have a pain-free, peaceful, day!! Love, Deborah (in Canada) dasjejm@home.com

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Sally Grigg To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: May 8, 2001 2:05 PM Subject: Some startling information from Sally

I've spoken to Dr. Redan, who kindly called me back. He told me that the medications I am on (morphine (?) patches and roxicodone (all opiate derivatives) were bad for people with adhesions as they slowed down the small intestine. And if I didn't get off them, there would be no point in having an operation. I agreed to begin a slow withdrawal immediately. However, after spending all these years thinking I had great medication that allowed me to function, I now realize I've been hurting myself, even though it's kept me alive and free of agony. What happens when the agony returns? I don't know. Please respond, Love, Sally

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: