Re: For Ginny

Wed May 2 16:53:05 2001

Wow Ginny...that is an unbelievable story, really infuriating!! I've had my share of ill treatment from doctors who didn't believe me, but nothing that comes close to how horrible of an experience you describe.

I had to go outside of Denver for medical care because no one in doctor here believed my pain or that my inability to eat was of any real concern..."just eat" they said....while I dwindled down to 100lbs.

I was told on my last ER visit that they though I had gastritits even though I told them I had adhesions. My GI said when I looked to him for help for pain and related anxiety that "I'm a stomach guy, this isn't up my alley". I was denied anything stonger than one lousy percocet a day until one ove the volunteer advocates from this site and my surgeon from out of state called to intervene. And the surgeon who had performed my adhesiolysis procedure the year before told me he refused to do surgery again...5 min and $70 later I was bawling in my car. I really felt like I was dying, and I could find no one to help me, let alone believe me.

Two days befroe my surgery I started throwing up green bile, I could not even hold down a sip of water. My surgeons removed a diseased gall bladder, adhesions and severe endo that covered my pelvic floor, a big blanket of white that meshed everything together and partially obstructed my rectum.

Thanks for inviting us to share, it always helps to open the flood gates and vent!

Love,

Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: