Re: Update for Robyne

Sun Apr 29 01:53:51 2001

Hi Robyne & Trace,

I have been away from the computer for a while, I am having a few problems after my surgery too. Pain management has been a real issue.

Robyne, you are a fighter, I admire you more than you can ever know. Please know that you are never far out of my thoughts and my prayers. When I am struggling with pain, you are always one of the first people I think of, I'll make a deal with you, I'll fight the pain and everything else, and you do the same. I know you have been doing that already for a long time, Trace admires and respects you very much.

It is because of you and many others on the board that I have become so vocal with my doctors, I ask questions, I read & I make suggestions on my pain management. I have even convinced my doctors to consider a new pain regime that I have come up with. So keep your fingers crossed for me ok? LOL

I hope I get to Queensland sometime to meet you in person, I would really like that!

Stay strong Robyne, you know you are in my thoughts & prayers

cheers & hugs Jo

At Sat, 28 Apr 2001, niko wrote: >
>Hi Everybody ;-))
>
>I spoke to Robyne today, and she is still in hospital. She underwent more surgery for her total gut obstructions. They found her mesh to be infected and some dead tissue. Heartbreaking as she is forced to endure TPN feeding now, and the long term effect of this is still unknown. She has a central line and basically a trolley full of tubes to go with her. She has lost 10kgs, and very weak. The doctors are trying to wean her off morphene, and she is very depressed from it all.She is allowed to take Valium and Tramal. Her hopes are quite low though, as she has been to hell and back.
>
>Keep her in your thoughts, what a fighter she is. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.
>
>Thanks everybody,
>Your pain pal
>Trace xo

--
You will never never know.......if you don't give it a go :)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: