Alive and kicking!!

Sat Apr 21 10:10:25 2001

Hello everyone! I just wanted to drop a note and let all you wonderful folks out there know that I am slowly getting back into the swing of things after my surgery on April 9th. I have been out of work up until today and have not had access to my computer.

Even though I am still quite sore from the extensive cutting that Dr. Redan had to do, I am getting better day by day. Its still kind of hard to distinguish if my pre-surgery pain has been lessened as I feel like I caught a cannon ball with my stomach and then did a thousand situps. But I can definitely tell that the constant tugging and pulling that I have been experiencing for over three years now is gone! As many of you have told me, the true benefits will not be fully realized until recovery is complete and I have fully healed. But, I am slowly getting back into the swing of things and do not have the deep, aching pain that had been plaguing me for so long.

Also, a few bits of advice if anyone is contemplating utilizing the services of Drs R&R: 1)First, DO IT! Dr. Redan, if you read this, you are the BEST! Not just a skilled surgeon, but a wonderful person as well. Lindsay from their office has been most supportive as well with my many followup questions. I always got immediate attention and results. Thanks Lindsay! The personell at CMC were awesome as well. Caring, compassionate. As I lay in the PACU after surgery and got some really bad pain spells, I was imemdiately given proper dosages of pain medicine and even had one nurse who just sat with me through the worst spots. This is in stark contrast to the care I previously had received at a major "teaching hospital" in Philadelphia where I was treated like a hunk of meat. 2)Stay at the Clarion in Scranton. Mention that you are getting surgery at CMC and they will give you a discounted rate of $60. Nice facility and a complimentary breakfast bar in the morning! 3)Don't rush going home. I was operated on a Monday and left on Wednesday morning. Should have stayed one more day as the ride back to Delaware was quite painful. I felt every damn bump on the road for 142 miles!

That's it for the time being. I'll keep everyone updated as my recovery progresses.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: