Jo- Hot flashes

Mon Apr 16 23:44:22 2001

Hmmm.....I didn't even know that the Primrose also helped the moods or I would have stayed on it. I still get pretty depressed and the highs and lows (12 yrs. later) so maybe I will also go back on it.

I am much better than I was without the Estraderm though, or even when I was on the lower dose. I definitely could use the extra dose of "calming" since it seems there is sooo much stress in my life.

Dealing with ARD and a hip replacement is enough but it seems we just get hit with additional disasters one after another. Just last year my dad died, my husband's mom died, I had 3 surgeries all in one year, etc. etc.....drives you crazy!

Now my ARD big time again, my step-dad just had a heart-attack and also has Diabetes, mom was just in the hospital, my brother-in-law was just told he needs a heart catheterization, my brother needs a new knee.....this is crazy!! That's only the medical side and I won't get into the rest and bore everyone.

I hope you aren't starting with adhesions again and that it is just recovery pains. Try to think positive and maybe things will get better!

Please keep me informed of your recovery. It is important that we know how people are doing before and after surgeries and other treatments, short & long term. It is the only way we can possibly ever figure this disease out and hopefully find a cure and/or get help some day. JEAN

Quote of the day: Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. "Walk beside me and be my friend."

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Wally" <wallamara@hotmail.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 11:38 PM Subject: Re: Jo- Hot flashes

Hi Jean

Thanks for the tip about evening primrose oil, I am very familiar with it already! I have my 3 teenage daughters on it regularly now. Since putting my 15yr old on a regular dose, her moods have been much easier to cope with!

The HRT has kicked in now, and the hot flashes aren't as bad. My main problem at present is dealing with post operative pain, and I am a little nervouse because I think I have an adhesion or two already :-( *sigh* but I still feel better than I did before surgery.

I will stay positive and believe that this surgery has helped enough to make my ARD tolerable at the least.

Cheers & hugs, Jo

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: