Re: just another thought

Sat Apr 14 15:19:49 2001

Karen,

I don't think you will get much action by sending your story to Oprah. I think what it takes might be sending everyone's story.....all in one mailing. And like was mentioned earlier....make the envelope or box or however you send it noticeable. Make it bright. Plaster stickers all over it....make it stick out and attract attention. Ask the people if you can print their stories from the quilt......decide which stories would be the most moving and put them up front. Then you need something that will grab them...I don't know what....death certificates...pictures showing our suffering. Something. I don't think that just showing pictures of us as individuals will help....because most people when they see us think that we are fine and look good. Tammie has a huge open wound right now. She has to pack it several times a day....that might catch them! Pictures of my stomach might catch them too. I look like I am 9 months pregnant...have scars everywhere and bulges everywhere...along with my urostomy site which bulges as well. I am sure that there are others that could provide you with some interesting pictures. As far as printing up the stories you need to find out how many pages your story is and set the printer for that...otherwise you get every name on the quilt......which if you got permission would be nice to send along as well. In order to print you have to actually go into your story. You have my permission to use my story. You should also provide them with the link to the adhesion sight.

Another suggestion would be to contact Montel as well. He seems to do more of that type of show now.

Well, have to go.

--
Karla

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: