Re: Gallbladder problems.

Fri Apr 13 12:03:27 2001

Helen, I was sick for 11 months before anyone believed me my gall bladder was the reason for my pain. When it was removed it was not diseased, but encased in adhesions so it could not function. I still had pain under my right from ribcage and was diagnosed with an ulcer. I felt it was more adhesions stuck to my duodenum. The "ulcer" was never cured with two rounds of antibiotics. It lessened in pain when a year later I had exploratory abdominal surgery. They found massive adhesions on my bladder, vagina and intestines. The pain under my rib cage is back again now, so I really feel it is due to adhesions that formed when the gall bladder was stiil in. I won't know really until it gets bad enought to go through another surgery, which I dread.

I know this doesn't ease your mind. However, if you go in for the surgery make sure the surgeon gets all the info on how to do surgery to avoid adhesions. It may help.

Mara msides@pcsun.com

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Gibson To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 3:46 AM Subject: Re: Gallbladder problems.

All these problems with gallbladder removal that have been mentioned are abit scary!. I've just been diagnosed with the dreaded Gallstones and an inflamed Gallbladder, which definitely has to be removed in the near future, as it's making my life miserable. Has anyone had successful Gallbladder surgery? Love to hear some stories where nothing went wrong and no adhesions were formed as a result of the surgery. Just a thought!!!

Love Helen G

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: