Re: Pain Pills

Wed Apr 11 23:54:31 2001

Jay (?), It isn't the size of the pills that make me sick it is the upsetting of my stomach. Anything that goes through my digestive system upsets me. Generally the more powerful the pills the sicker I get. Even when my original hip replacement done 7 years ago they must have tried 5 different kinds of pills and I threw them all up....need say I was in extreme pain without pain pills in me after that kind of surgery.

I have an ulcer, hiatal hernia plus adhesions doing heaven knows what in there. I am beginning to wonder if my Gallbladder is also messed up because now I am belging "all the time", sometimes even just water does it. I don't have pain on the right side though!

I just have to hang in there another 3 weeks until my surgery. So far the Vicoden hasn't helped the pain but I'm not going to keep trying different things and spending all that money when I only have 3 more weeks. I already have Darvocet, Vicodin and Oxycontin. After 17 surgeries I am kinda use to these problems.

Thanks for the response and suggestions.

JEAN

"A true friend walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Poutinen, Jay" <jpoutine@uwsp.edu> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 10:29 PM Subject: Re: Pain Pills

Jean,

Maybe you can ask your doctor about Demerol or Methadone. They are much more powerful than Darvocet, and are much smaller pills. If you cannot take anything by mouth, you might ask your doctor about the Fentanyl patch that you wear on your skin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: