Re: Duragesic Patch

Wed Apr 11 09:31:42 2001

Hey Regina,

Because I had gotten down to such a low weight, my doc prescribed the 25mcg patch. The side effects at this dose were strong enough to convince me I wouldn't be able to tolerate the stronger doses. It gave me more relief than any other prescription I had tried, but I had to take quite alot of Darvacet for breakthrough pain as well. At night I would swith from Darvacet to one of my stronger "leftover" meds.

My first side effects were respitory depression and terrible itchiness. The respitory depression disolved when I removed the first patch that I had put on my shoulder, and put the next on the flank of my leg. I was able to control the ithciness a little with Benadryl. At first I couldn't sleep on the patch, and then it made me extremely lethargic...my limbs felt so heavy at times, I couldn't move.

I wish there was a perfect drug for all of us. I'm sorry to hear of your recent struggles in your letter to Karen. I hope and pray this woman surgeon is able to help you!

Love,

Janet

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Regina T." <Trtglia1@AOL.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 6:59 AM Subject: Duragesic Patch

> Hi, I was recently prescribed the duragesic patch.I have read all of the
> information there is on it. I know what it is made of and how and why
> it works. But what I REALLY want to know is what peoples personal
> experiences are with it. The clinical studies done on it by the company
> didn't really provide me with the info. I need. How did it make you
> feel? What strengths have you tried? What were your side effects?
> Personally I cannot decide if it is for me. I have tried three
> different strengths and have had very bad side effects from some and
> relatively good results from others. Overall, the first day is the
> worst for side effects so far. But I don't know for sure. It would be
> nice to see other peoples' experiences so I wouldn't feel that I am
> overanalyzing every sensation. Thanks for any feedback you could offer.
> Regina T.
>
> --
> Regina D.Tartaglia
> PA
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: