Re: Saw The Jerk Surgeon

Wed Apr 11 08:25:57 2001

Has this guy actually ever seen the inside of your belly? I find they suddenly change their entire tune after they have a peek...but they always have to do this for themselves. They never trust the records or the patient's verbal history. They do believe video tapes though.

Okay, well, in my own personal honest forthright and ever so humble opinion, this is what I feel; I feel that each person on this list could write a personal statement about their own personal struggle with adhesions; including our interactions with the dufuss stupid docs who were chewing gum and blowing bubbles instead of paying attention when they took their oath and the Helpful Docs who took their oaths seriously. Then write a statement of what our personal beliefs are. Then include some of Auntie Helen's (term of endearment because she is an incredibly awesome person and watches over all of us) factual data and statistics and web info. And Helen's info about pain and treatment for pain including the fact that real doctors provide real pain relief for real people who are in real pain. Then, when anyone encounters a nit wit doctor, instead of just never going to see them again and letting them get away without doing their jobs, etc.... We all take and individually snail mail and or email all that info to them and mark it very personal on the envelope. Then the patient can choose to or choose not to ever see the ignorant doctor again but at least the suffering patient got the last word in and gave the idiot something to chew on as well as helped to educate them and gave them the resources to further educate themselves. We make sure to get any journal citations, etc together...as well as the names of any doctors who agree to kindly explain adhesions to other doctors (we make sure they agree though). I think docs who don't treat adhesions as real are copping out. "I caanntt seeee theeemmm sooo theyyy arrree noottt reeeaal" Fairy tale land. Or, they are just too afraid to admit it's way over their heads or they don't understand it, or they haven't figured out how to turn it into a cash crop for themselves. They are supposed to treat human beings as human begins... They all, every blasted one of 'em, need to pretend we are each close relatives of theirs. We are their mothers, their aunts, their daughters their cousins and for the men; their fathers, brothers, uncles, and their closest friends. If they all took that attitude instead of choosing to wear blinders we'd all receive awesome medical care. Unless a doc views you as having value, esteems you as a person, looks upon life as sacred, holds his responsibility to your life with a sincere and deep desire to see you healthy and well...then you are taking chances and gambling and so is he. If you are an 8 minute patient then chances are you do not have a real physician. They are usually super busy but always take time for you because they honestly care. Fortunately I have one of those. He answers all his own calls, he is the only person his patients ever see at the hospital, he knows our histories without having a file in front of his face and he has a very large patient load. But he does it. If it takes an hour in the office, he gives it to you. That's why he has so many patients. All of his patients are very understanding when he is running late or has to cancel because they know someone needs him and that he would do the same for them.

Maybe you should have just said, "okay, then maybe it's not adhesions. Maybe I am wrong but, I am in pain. There is something wrong. There is something that is causing me physical pain. You tell me what is causing it. I'm here, paying you, to do your best to find out what is going on with my body." If he refuses to do his job, you might as well not pay him. Doctors even charge you for phone calls. Your time is valuable...just as precious as his. You touch the lives of others as well. Why pay him when he hasn't provided you with services?

Also, if the doctors who do understand adhesions and do treat adhesions would take partial responsibility as human beings to help educate other doctors it would really help. Patients being responsible for educating doctors may work, but wouldn't doctors be more likely to believe other doctors?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: