Re: Kel- Carpal Tunnel

Thu Apr 5 23:48:19 2001

Kel, Get a Gel Mouse Pad. I have one for my mouse by "fellowes". It is the one set inside of hard plastic. I also had to get the smallest flattest mouse I could find (usually the cheapest too). If it arches up too far I get allot of pain. The flatter the better. The object is to keep your hand & wrist as straight as possible (closest to laying arm & hand on a table). A Gel Pad for the keyboard is also advisable because if I type allot it makes them bad. You can get a wrist brace at the drug store for your hands and if you were them to sleep it really helps (prevents the wrist from bending). If mine get too bad I wear them to bed. I couldn't use the computer without it or my hands are numb and hurt really bad.....I had both of mine operated on but I have permanent damage from waiting too long.

Years ago the chiropractor had me try the stretching of the wrist exercises also. Let me know how you make out. JEAN

"A true friend walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Murray" <mkmurray@cyberport.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 4:50 PM Subject: Re: NUMBNESS-Jackie B, Jean Long

Jean, You were right. The pain management Dr. thought that the numbness I wa having was from the way I am using my computer at work and at home and also the way I hold my body when I am hurting. He gave me some excersises to do. Jackie, do you use the computer a lot? At least, this is probably not related to the adhesions. Kel

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: