Re: laparoscopy or laparotomy????

Mon Apr 2 19:11:13 2001

Hi Kelly!

Boy do I know what you mean about doubts! I have been asking similar questions my self for weeks. Then I made my decision to have the surgery and was very relaxed and calm about it all. Then I started thinking about it again, and reading the messages here.......

I am fortunate to have a group of Aussie girls from the board who I talk to almost daily. They have been such a wonderful help.

As they said to me...I have done all the research, I have several opinions, but most importantly I am happy and feel safe with my choice of doctor..... Listen to your heart, you will know if it is right or not.

To be opened up or to have a laperoscopy was a big question for me too. I trust my surgeon, he says there are too many adhesions, and it would be too dangerous to do it laperoscoply. EACH OF US IS DIFFERENT, WITH A DIFFERENT SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES, A UNIQUE SET OF MEDICAL PROBLEMS, only YOU and YOUR doctor can decide which course of action is best for you!

So Kelly next Monday I will have what my surgeon & I hope will be my last surgery.....you are in my thoughts and prayers, when it comes down to it, we each have to make a choice, a decision. WE ALL KNOW what a hard decision it is to make!

(((((Kelly))))

Cheers & hugs, Jo

At Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Kelly Doucet wrote: >
>I keep having all these doubts about my upcoming surgery, and to add to
>them is my mother in law who said she spoke with a DR and they said the
>best way to permantly remove adhesions was to open you up. Now I have
>had numerous Drs tell me the opposite, but, seeing as I have had 5
>laparoscipies (sp?)
>and still pain, I have to wonder....
>The only time I hade a lengthy pain free period was after abdominal
>surgery.
>Any opinions? Advice?
>Thanks
>KellyD

--
You will never never know.......if you don't give it a go :)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: