Re: ADHESIONS digest 953

Tue Mar 27 17:57:00 2001

Raijean, I had a TAH in January,at which time she also removed adhesions from around the bowel. When I spoke to Dr. Redan, he told me adhesions can start forming right after surgery. I have had pain and problems with moving bowels. I feel somewhat better than I did, but not the best. I am left with only one ovary. Yesterday and this afternoon, I had some pain with urinating. Millie

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Ra1908@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 6:33 PM Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 953

hello all!! my name is raijean and i am sorry, buti havent posted in a long while. i have been recovering from a hysterectomy (partial) due to endometriosis and later had a small bowel resection. the resection occured in january because i had a tumor wrapped around my small intestines. the tumor was benign, thank goodness! during the resection, the surgeon removed the tumor (size of a baseball), a substantial part of my intestines, my (inflamed) appendix and adhesions, which had formed from the hysterectomy (just 8 weeks earlier). after i was back on my feet i intially felt great!! however, now i am in the same pain i was in prior to my procedures. i am working, but only part time. when i am not at work, i am home in bed--too tired to do anything, even to go for a walk outside. when i have walked, i cant seem to last very long......especially without pain. this is not normal! i saw my primary care physician on friday and we are back to scheduling CAT scans. it has also hurt to urinate or pass bowels---just as it did before. does anyone know how long it takes for the adhesions to return--if they do?? well, feel free to respond...i just appreciate all of you listening!!! take care--------------raijean (ohio)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: