Newly Independent Gal Needs Help and Advice!

Mon Mar 19 17:13:25 2001

Hi folks,

I'm 18 and have suffered a slew of medical problems (everything from endometriosis to gallbladder disease to a mysterious immunulogical problem).

I have extensive adhesions from the five surgeries I've endured since I was 4 years old. I don't have half a dozen adhesions that are causing problems; all of my intestines (from the duodenum to the colon) are completely fused together. Every doctor I've showed the laproscopy snapshots to have been amazed to say the least.

I have two major problems. Number one, I just moved ouf of my parent's house, and would rather not move back just for them to take care of me. My second problem is finding a doctor/surgeon who's willing and experienced in performing an open adhesiolysis and 'install' the Gortex surgical membrane.

Can anyone recommend an excellent, experienced surgeon in the Southeast (preferably Florida)? And have any of you had the Gortex surgical membranes implanted, and if so, how has your situation improved/worsened since then?

Not to be egotistical, but I'm a tough gal. Yet facing this sort of surgery alone is a new experience. I appreciate any input y'all can provide.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: