Re: Newbie

Wed Mar 14 06:43:01 2001

jenny,

I am sorry your laparoscopic surgery didn't do the trick. I'll look for that bill of rights. I am beginning to think that may be it is a cultural thing with my doctor. May be she just thinks American women are just whiney! I don't plan on giving up.....pain is not something I want to take over my life. I have managed the pain from arthritis and migraine by getting the right help.....I'm going to find the right person to help me with this, too.

I had a sonogram yesterday. The doctor only ordered it for my abdomen but the tech looked lower for me as well. She didn't see anything there but did find either stones or polyps in my gall bladder. so some of my nausea could be coming from that. I am waiting for my doctor to tell me what is going on there.

Mary offered to give me some names that I can see if they are on my insurance here in KC. Here's hoping!

So far my workplace has been willing to work with me so I am working from home today. I carry the insurance for me and my husband, so I can't afford to lose my job.

Hang in there, sweetie and good luck. May your guardian angel give you strength.

--
rose

At Wed, 14 Mar 2001, jenny low wrote: > >Dear Rose, > >Welcome to the IAS. It is good that you have decided to post. Your postings >will help others. > >I had a total abdominal hysterectomy June 2000. I had pain when I went for >my follow up appointments too and was told the same thing. It was healing >pain. Well, it never went away. It was just annoying pain for the first >couple of months. By November it was very aggravating but still tolerable. >By January, I was in bed on a heating pad actually sandwiched between 2 >heating pads. My pain is in the lower left side, down the front of my left >leg, my back, especially the lower back and sacrum area, and sometimes I get >shooting pains or just pain down the back of both legs. I had surgery again >but laparoscopically on Feb 16. I had swelling in my upper abdomen which >caused a real bad pressure feeling for about the 1st week after surgery. I >had back minimal pain as well from the time of surgery. The back pain never >went away but has intensified. And after the first week of surgery the pain >in my lower left side has returned. It has intensified in the last 2 days. I >did not sleep at all last night. I was able to sleep some off and on today >due to exhaustion. I am really hurting very badly. > >Friday I went for my post op and they ended up doing the CT on me. I posted >about that on Friday so I won't go into all that again. I have not heard >back from the surgeon yet. Today I have had a horrible time with what I >guess is acid reflux. ANd now tonight I am achy, nauseated, and breaking out >in sweats. This seems more like the flu though because my ears have been >hurting and my eyes burning like when you have a fever. But that on top of >my side and back hurting so bad is too much for me right now. I think I will >call the surgeon in the morning. > >If you are still experiencing pain after your surgery and it's been this >long, I would think it is adhesions. Especially if the pain seems to be >getting worse. Healing pains would be slowing down and not as intense. And >how long has it been since the surgery? Didn't you say 2 years? That is a >long time to be experiencing healing pains. Anyway, healing pains would >gradually go away not become worse. I think I would be a little more pushy >with that doctor. Persistance can really pay off sometimes. If you are in >pain then you are entitled to pain relief that works. That is stated in the >Patients Bill of Rights. You should be able to find this from a few weeks >ago in the archives. I think I would print it off and show it to my doctor >if she tried to give you a ard time about it. > >I hope this has helped in some way. I hope that youfind your answers and get >some relief for your pain. No one should have to live in pain. Let us know >the outcome of what happens. My thoughts are with you. > >Love, >Jenny >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: