My turn for more Surgery

Tue Mar 13 21:13:38 2001

Hi everyone,

Well I had my post op visit with the GYN today, and he told me what he saw through the laporoscope 6 weeks ago :-(

My ovaries are covered in adhesions (I knew that) and are stuck to my vagina (didn't know that) my bowel is glued to my abdomine (didn't know that....but suspected it)and I have extensive thick adhesions everywhere. He feels most of them are due to my hystorectomy last year and the fact that I lost so much blood. So I don't think the herbs are going to work on this one! *sigh* well it was a nice thought, they have helped my bladder & kidney problems & I do get better sleep, so I will continue with them after surgery.

Surgery has been scheduled for 9 April, so at least I don't have long to wait! Get this! I went to the blood bank to donate my blood for my surgery.......it will cost me $200!!

I couldn't believe it! I had a blood transfusion last year & now have extra antibodies in my blood, so I thought well...be prepared! I guess I won't be doing that because if I don't use the blood it gets thrown out....it doesn't even get used on another patient. Something about "screening procedures", sounds like a waste to me.....

Thanks to everyone for asking me to let you know what is happening, I really appreciate the support. I am very nervous and spent over an hour with my husband and the doctor discussing everything! Much of the information I learned here, so thanks once again,

Jo (Wally)

--
You will never never know.......if you don't give it a go :)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: