Re: My appointment

Sat Mar 10 08:04:31 2001

Jenny,

I am so sorry you are going through all of this. You were one of the first people to e-mail me when I found this site. I have been reading every couple of days and I was hoping this surgery would be it for you. I hope you are feeling better from your side effects today. Hang in there...

Thinking of you,

--
Karen

At Sat, 10 Mar 2001, jenny low wrote: > >Hi everyone! > >Wow! What a day! You would not believe the day I had. I went for my post op >appointment. I had hardly slept at all last night, maybe 3 hours. When my >doctor came in and asked me how I was doing, I couldn't talk at first. >Finally when I could get it out, he asked me if it hurt like my kidneys. I >said no. So he asked me if I could "tee tee in a cup". I wanted to laugh >when he said this. Have you ever had a doctor ask you if you could "tee >tee"? Anyway, he got on the phone with the general surgeon. They sent me >straight to the hospital for a STAT CBC and Cat Scan. I gagged the whole >time I drank that Barium. Then the X-ray tech told me they had to inject >some dye as well. He dug in my arm to start an IV. I was about to get after >him and tell him to take that dang thing out of my arm and just try >somewhere else but he took it out on his own. He stuck it in my wrist. They >did the CT and the IV site ballooned out, just a little. The tech told me >that the barium would probably make me have loose stools. It was quite the >opposite though. After the CT my face kind of flushed. The radiologist came >in and looked at me and asked me if I was okay in my breathing or if I felt >dizzy or anything like that. I felt fine so he let me go. I had to go over >to see the surgeon immediately after. So as I was waiting to be called back >I told Ted that the back of my head was burning and also my ears and eyes. >The surgeon who did my surgery was not there. It was the doctor who looked >in on me the next day after my surgery. He looked at the report and told me >I had diverticulitis. I told him no I didn't. I think it kind of threw him >off. Then I told him about having my colonoscopy in December and a CT then >also and that they both came back normal. I said unless things changed that >much in such a short amount of time. But the GI doctor told me I was too >young and didn't even fit the profile for someone who had diverticulitis. He >said he was just reading the report and he didn't know what to tell me >seeing he had only seen me for 5 minutes. I gave him a brief history about >me, the surgeries, the adhesions, and the pain. He said he wanted to get >together with the surgeon who did the surgery and my ob/gyn and look at the >x-rays themselves and see what they could come up with. I told him that >adhesions do not show up on those tests. I wanted him to know that I knew >that. Ted told me he was probably thinking that patients who are educated >are a pain in the rear. Oh well! He gave me some pain medicine to last me >until next week. He had to run to surgery. When his nurse went to get the >prescription, I was really feeling funny. My face turned magenta. Well that >is Ted's description of it. My head was burning, I was hot, my eyes and ears >were burning. I told the nurse when she came back in. SHe told me to go >straight back over to the hospital and have them check me out because she >didn't know the side affects of the iodine. So I went back over. The >radiologist took one look at me and ordered me an injection of Benadryl. I >guess I am now allergic to the iodine. I have had it so many times for IVP's >(kidney x-rays) and never had that happen. About 3 hours after the test I >still had the burning sensation and a headache. > >It surely has been a trying day. But maybe I will have some answers as to >why I am having so much pain even after my surgery 3 weeks ago. >Unfortunately, I think deep down I know what it is. I don't know what they >will tell me next week. It scares me that they won't believe me. I guess I >shouldn't let it ruin my weekend. I'll let tomorrow worry about tomorrow. > >I hope everyone is on the up and up and feeling great. You are all so very >important to me. Big hugs and kisses to you all! > >Love, >Jenny

> >--

to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: