Re: Jim PLUS- Your opinions do count!!

Fri Mar 9 09:02:23 2001

On 8 Mar 2001, at 19:51, Jean (from PA wrote:

> I would think they would want to be noted for the good job they do and
> their bed-side manner while accepting most major insurances. This would
> truely give them an edge on the other doctors. I am sure "more" doctors
> would have much better bed-side manners and adopt newer and more
> time-consuming operations if they also could get whatever they want to
> charge a patient, with no regards to insurances or patients cost!

I hope that as a group supporting one another we will not get fixated on laparoscopic surgery, performed by a very few doctors, as the only solution to our problems -- particularly if that surgery is out of the financial range of many of us.

I have not been very good in the last three days. I got furiously hungry for some solid tasting breakfast and so had Raisin Bran on Tuesday. It was so good, I had another helping on Wednesday. Today, even though I was already having a lot of pain and gas, I had one more teeny, tiny helping.

I hurt! I have gone back to a stricter diet full of nice soft Wonder Bread. Diet isn't the whole answer, but for me it is part of it.

I watched a super basketball game tonight, gas gurgling the whole time, but it was distracting and kept me from focusing on my troubles.

I think that we can offer each other some help that goes beyond information about surgery. I also think we need to respect the opinions of those who feel they cannot use scarce family resources for this surgery.

Kate

--
Kate Murphy
katemm@mindspring.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: