Re: Helen G.... Good luck baby

Mon Mar 5 08:06:41 2001

Dear Robyne,

Thanks, I will take it easy, I should be home by the weekend, I know your concerns with this operation, but I must stress that it isn't the same one as what you had, it's a bladder transection, they go through the vagina and slice gently around the inside of the bladder, to deaden the nerve endings that are making it spasm. They won't be going near my bowels, and I wont even have an incision, apparently I'll only be in theatre for about 1 hour, and this procedure has a high success rate. Trace told me of your concerns, but I had a big talk to the urologist the other day, and we decided on this op, rather than the detrusor myscotomy, which I'm very pleased about. He seems to think that I won't have anymore problems after this op, and the chances of me having to have a catherder are very slim. He said that my bladder was so over active, it is near impossible for it to be under active after this op, which is what I wanted to hear. As long as I don't end up with a catherder to pee, I'll be happy. So please don't worry, I feel very confident that all will go well, and thanks for you concern and support. Talk to you soon.

Love

Helen G

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Robyne Hinks To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 2:37 PM Subject: Re: Helen G.... Good luck baby

Dear Helen Good luck and I hope it does help.Make sure you rest well.Dont overdo it.Love always Robyne

From: Helen Gibson To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 11:43 AM Subject: Re: Helen G.... Good luck baby

Hi Trace,

Thanks for your words of encouragement, I am feeling very confident about the operation tomorrow, I am even surprising myself with how calm I feel. I am going to Swans District Hospital, in Midland, Ive been there for 4 other operations, and they are really wonderful, it's only small and it's in the bush, really lovely gardens to relax in and the other times that I've been there the nurses have been great. My Urologist reckons I will only be in until Saturday, sounds great to me, it will be the shortest hospital stay that I've had. If you call I don't know if they will give you any information, not unless you say that your a relative, but I'll only be in theatre for about 1 hour (also a record), so I should be alright to talk by early evening, so if you call the switch board and ask to be put through to my room we can have a chat. Number is (08) 93475244. Hope you had a good birthday yesterday and had a few drinks to celebrate. Ah 31 I remember it well!!. Time to go, things to do and get organized, it's a public holiday here today (labour Day), just my luck, no shops open etc, so if I've forgotten anything for my little stay bad luck. Talk to you soon Thanks for everything. Love Helen G

From: niko To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2001 8:39 PM Subject: Helen G.... Good luck baby

Hey Helen,

Good luck babe, but my wishes for you go without saying. Which hospital are you going to ?? Can I have some details so I can give them a ring to check on you?

I know this decision was a very difficult one to make, but I am feeling very confident you are making the right one. Your options were not in abundance that's foresure. You have great surgeons. And some great support. Anything you need or want, I am a phone call away, don't even hesitate !

Thankyou for your birthday wishes, actually that goes to everyone, my Nik is a sneaky thing, 31 is not THAT old !!! LOL

Take care gorgeous, Keep you chin up & we'll talk soon Trace xoxox

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: