Re: no subject received Fri, 2 Mar 2001 17:36:08 -0600

Sat Mar 3 00:04:06 2001

Kelly,

You mention an appointment with a surgeon coming up. Please reconsider any surgery until you are fully educated regarding adhesions. With each surgery your adhesions worsen....unless your surgery is performed by one of the very few doctors that use the proper technique. You must question these doctors....why do they feel they need to do surgery? The best thing a surgeon can do for you is say no. Even if you are having major pain having surgery is not always the answer. Finding a doctor that is skilled in adhesion removal is definitely the key. There are many surgeons out there that say they know what they are doing....but you need to check their technique. If they do not do meticulous clot evacuation and leave copious amounts of ringers lactacte within your abdomen then you need to find another surgeon. They should be more than willing to discuss their technique...if they aren't run as fast as you can. There are also doctors out there that advertise they can take care of your adhesions in 1 to 13 surgical procedures. Why would anyone want to subject their body to that many procedures? Being scared is probably the best thing that can happen to you....it makes you ask questions. We cannot put our faith in the medical system. We are discovering that physicians often are working for their best interests. Each surgery that they perform is money in their pockets.

Kelly, I only say this because I know! Since 1991 I have had 26 major abdominal surgeries....the shortest being 4 hours long. In my lifetime I have had close to 40 major surgeries. I put my trust in doctors that I thought were working in my best interest....only to find out that surgeries were botched....procedures were performed that didn't need to be...and this all has very seriously affected my life to the point that I am ready to die. If the Lord wanted to take me I would be ready with open arms. My story is a very long and complicated one....please feel free to read it on the quilt...it is Karla N. If I can prevent anyone from making the mistakes that I have made I have accomplished my goals. The key to surviving with adhesions is to educate yourself. Stand up for your rights. If you are in pain and your physician does not prescribe drugs that take care of the pain you must stand up for your rights. Every person has the right to be as pain free as possible. We just have to retrain ourselves to be the ones that take charge when we visit the doctor.

God Bless and should you have any further questions feel free to ask.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: anonymous@medispecialty.com To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 11:28 PM Subject: Re: no subject received Fri, 2 Mar 2001 17:36:08 -0600

> Kelly, Welcome to the board. I just found it myself a couple months > ago. I no longer feel so alone. Everyone on > here is such a blessing. I cannot believe what some of > the things Dr. have said I myself have left several offices > in tears just recently. I have lost faith in the medical profession. I > am glad to hear that you have some good > pain management. I understand about eating to help your > stomach feel better and gaining weight from it I suffered > that way for about 4 years after my hysterectomy I gained > a alot of weight and I was not active at all. For the last > year and a half that has all changed I have lost over 100 lbs and I am > still losing because I can't eat anything. > I have been surviving on baby food and ensure and even that > hurts. I actually had someone tell me I looked anorexic > today I couldn't believe it because I have always been over > weight. Hopefully the surgeon will help you in someway. The > last one I went to said that she would not touch me until I have a > complete bowel obstruction. That is something to look forward to Huh. > PAIN FREE HUGS! ~Brokenwing~ > > At Fri, 02 Mar 2001, Michael Murray wrote: > > > >Jenny, > >I have had a total of 5 pelvic surgeries, the last one was for adhesion > >removal. I got diagnosed with everything from Chrones to IBS. I knew that this > >wasn't the problem. I finally had a Dr. go in and look 1 year ago and he > >removed adhesions. Very soon afterwards, I was sick again. I went back and he > >said "Sorry, I removed the adhesions, I don't know what is wrong." I then went > >to a Gast. who said I had a functional disorder. Then went to the "famous > >clinic" and was told that it was IBS. Finally, went to a Internist here and > >she said that it was the adhesions back. Not one other Dr. that I had > >previously went to told me that adhesions can come back. I was very angry at all > >of these Drs.(especially at the clinic) that either asked me if I was in their > >office for "Drugs" or told me "Don't think about being in pain and it will hot > >hurt." > >I am now going to Pain Management and am on several drugs, and I do feel better > >most days, but some are not so good. I have an appt. to see a surgeon next week > >but am hesitant to have surgery again. > >Unlike a lot of you, I have gained weight. I think I eat to try to make my > >stomache feel better and I am less active now. Has anyone else out there gained > >weight? > >Kelly > > > >jenny low wrote: > > > >> Kelly, > >> > >> Welcome to the IAS board. These are the most amazing people I have ever > >> talked to myself. They have been a tremendous support. Make sure you add > >> your story to the adhesions quilt. I think I can speak for us all when I say > >> we are glad you are here. > >> > >> I too have been blessed with a good doctor. He has adhesions himself so > >> knows the pain they can cause. I myself have had 4 laparotomies, one for a > >> tubal reversal, 2 to remove adhesions along with ovarian cysts and > >> endometriosis, and the last one for a total abdominal hysterectomy along > >> with removal of adhesions. I have had 3 laparoscopies done as well, the > >> first for a tubal ligation(tied my tubes), the second two for removal of > >> adhesions. My last surgery was Feb 16 and was one of the laparoscopes to > >> remove adhesions. I am hoping it was the last. I am still having some pain, > >> especially back pain but am hoping that it is just a time of healing and not > >> reforming adhesions. > >> > >> Anyway, I am glad that you have joined us. Write anytime. > >> > >> Love, > >> Jenny > >> > >> >From: Michael Murray <mkmurray@cyberport.com> > >> >Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org > >> >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > >> ><adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > >> >Subject: New Member > >> >Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:50:20 -0600 > >> > > >> >Greetings, > >> >I am a new member of this site. I can tell you that it has helped me > >> >TREMEANDOUSLY that there are others out there. > >> >I cope better with the adhesions now that I have read what others have > >> >written. I now know that I am not alone and there are others out there > >> >that are worse off than I am. > >> >This site has given me new strength along with having a new female doc. > >> >that has a lot of empathy on adhesions. > >> >Kelly > >> > > >>

> ~Brokenwing~ >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: