More Oprah info

Thu Mar 1 19:17:39 2001

Good evening all, I just wanted to fill you in on what I did today. I had said in an earlier posting that I knew Oprah's producer's father. I called him today and we talked for half an hour. He said that they read every e-mail and letter that comes in. He said that if we all bombard them with e-mails and letters over & over, they will get the message. He suggested snail mailing letters and putting them in a big box by themselves or colorful big envelope. I am going to our local music store where they sell the decorative, flashy, metallic envelopes used to mail a CD in. Anything to grab their attention. If you have written to them before, please keep doing it. Our message will get through. Put in as much detail as you can. He also suggested Dateline, 20/20, 60 minutes, and the morning talk shows (like Katie Couric). He was going to call his daughter tonight and tell her about this and ask her to keep a look out for our letters and e-mails. Helen, do you think that we could get Dr. Wiseman and the PA docs to stand behind us and write something legitimizing this? Obviously they are all extremely busy but if there was to be a show, what better way to help people understand than to have the experts on hand. Think of the thousands of people a show about ARD would benefit. How many more people would be able to put a name with their pain. I can't imagine how many don't even know they have it. I have a very good feeling about this, but I am sure this will be a long process. That's ok though. Time seems to be the only thing we have an abundance of (besides all of the support & love we give each other)! I will keep you all posted as I hear anything. He told me to call him anytime and I am going to take him up on it. Have a great night everyone! May it be as pain free as possible! Hugs, Lisa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: