Part 3: Bev is pain-free following her April 22, 1999 adhesiolysis...

Thu Mar 1 19:05:43 2001

[ NOTE: All of the following information was posted by Bev after her April 22, 1999 adhesiolysis.]

~ ~ ~ ~

Part 3: Bev is pain-free following her April 22, 1999 adhesiolysis...

Dr. Reich uses a procedure called "aqua" surgery. He is constantly flushing the cavity with ringers lactate ( a type of compatible fluid to the human body -- like saline ); and he finds the fibrin strings and removes them -- bit by bit -- a wonderfull cleanup job ( on my video ). If someone would have told me he could clean up the cavity as good as he did -- and I had NOT seen him do it -- I wouldn't believe them!

His theory is that if the cavity is cleaned of the clotted blood, the body's defense system will have less to react to -- thus reducing -- and possibly stopping -- the reformation of PAINFULL and distructive adhesions. He also leaves 3-4 liters of ringers in the abdomen following his surgery. It takes about 48 hours to dissipate out of the body ( lots of peeing goes on ).

I was not shaved, had no urinary catheter in place nor gastric nasal tube when I awoke in recovery ) following 5 hours of surgery; and I was back in our suite in less then 4 hours following the recovery room. Sure, I had surgery pain; but I also had both ovaries removed and two tumors! One very large tumor had attached to the right side of my colon on the left side of my peritoneum -- my colon was totally twisted over and attached! No wonder I hurt and couldn't have a BM on my own!

How am I now? I'm a tiny bit sore on the lower right; but that is from an organ removal. NO ADHESION PAIN, NO BACKACHES, NO PAIN PILLS, and a smile on my face that only a crowbar could remove! I had been on:

1.) Pain medication,

2.) Anti-inflammatory medication -- which you need to be on at LEAST 1500 MGS a day if you are suffering adhesion pain. This medication is to help combat the inflammation from the pulling of the organ at the attachment site. You can bet you have something attached to the peritoneum at this time -- and it is pulling and doesn't like that!

3.) Antacids -- from irritation of the esophagus and stomach from years of drugs.

4.) Sleep/pain meds at night; and last but not least...

5.) Laxatives -- and you know what that was for!!

NO MORE!! I take a 500 mg chewy for calcium and Vitamin E for heart muscle -- as I refuse to go on hormone replacement until I present with symptoms...and I have not yet!

Dr. Reich will state that his procedure is NOT a sure thing; but statistically, his lysis patients have shown a great reduction in reforming adhesions following his lysis.

( Continued in Part 4 )

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: