scared to death...

Thu Mar 1 11:31:12 2001

I spent last night, and I mean all night reading about everyone on the quilt. I posted my own information and read on. For the first time in so many years I don't feel alone. I cried through most of them as I feel the same exact pain and frustration as all of you do. Being a medical student I have attempted to research my condition but the medical community is so reluctant to "seriously" confront this issue. I am so glad to know that there are other "normal" people who truly suffer daily as I do. I am scared to death that this is a life sentance for me and any relief I get from surgery is lasting a shorter and shorter time. I thought I did well if I made it a year, then it was 9 months, then 4 and now 8 weeks post-op. I am truly scared--I know too much about medicine and the risks of every invasive procedure and all the meds. I am hoping at least this way to get support and provide it too will help--I am desperate for the help. My prayers and sincere best thoughts and wishes to all of you, hang in there, tomorrow won't neccesarrily be better but we are not alone.

--
Regina D.Tartaglia
Langhorne, PA

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: