Re: rx no longer working - need to just vent a bit . . .

Sat Jan 27 11:09:40 2001

Bowel sounds are good. No sounds are bad.

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Jill Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2001 11:22 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: rx no longer working - need to just vent a bit . . .

Hello to all - I've been daily reading and absorbing all info here, but haven't posted much about my condition. My new (and very nice) gastro that I first saw in November, definitely believes I have adhesions as a result of my 3 c sections and recent abd. hyst. She also wanted to rule out other issues, so we have gone through many tests, which of course reveal nothing to explain my pain and discomfort and worsening bowel problems.

In late November, she started me on Nortriptyline, which seemed to help after a few weeks, as I was having alot of trouble sleeping due to the terrible pulling and stabbing pains along my rib cage. Since the end of December, I seem to no longer get any relief from this rx, and it also seems to be really affecting my sex drive, which isn't great these days anyways. I just feel so numb, and can't seem to have any emotion or feeling about it. My hubby asked me to stop taking it two days ago, as he is getting frustrated by this. So, today I noticed that I have cried almost all day, and I feel myself slipping into a dark depressive state again. I do think the nortriptyline was helping me not be so depressed.

What to do???? My condition worsens each month, and both my doctors agree the next step is to talk with a surgeon who is very skilled in lap procedures. We have a wonderful 7 day carribbean cruise planned, and we leave in two weeks, and I can't even get excited about it - I'm so worried that I'll have major bowel problems and pain . . . I'm really having to watch what I eat anymore, and I never had to before!! I go from terribly constipated, to having diahrea for a two day span, then back again. The sounds from my intestines are all day long now - my hubby says it sounds like a pinball arcade.

Thanks for letting me vent today - my heart goes out to all of you who are suffering.

Sincerely,

Jill

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: