Re: Advice from the UK

Thu Jan 25 10:29:39 2001

<FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param><bigger>On 24 Jan 2001, at 21:46, niko wrote:

<smaller>I would love to hear of eveyone's funny stories during this really debilitating condition ;-) Being able to laugh at myself, helps me to not stress and cause even more (if that's possible) problems, and lighten some days when you just can't laugh.<bigger>

<smaller>Love to all of you<bigger>

<smaller>Trace xo<bigger>

Well, it's always laugh or cry, and laughing feels better.

Yesterday I stabbed myself with the iron. In a wild attempt to be neat, I was trying to hang up the iron in the closet, lost the feel of the handle, and dropped it -- heavy point first -- into my hand.

It was not a long cut, but very deep. I peered into the wound, saw stuff that made me woozy, and drove myself to the Urgent Care Center where they stitched it up and filled me up with antibiotics.

My hands are pretty shaky from the MS and I drop stuff all the time. However, I am now exempt from dishwashing until the stitches come out. The doctor asked if that would be a problem around my house, and I giggled. My hubby is now on kitchen cleanup for the next two weeks.

However, his shirts will get ironed since I've given up silly notions of putting the ironing board away.

Love to all,

Kate

<paraindent><param>left</param><FontFamily><param>Arial</param><smaller>

<nofill>

--
Kate Murphy
katemm@mindspring.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: