Advice from the UK

Wed Jan 24 18:12:00 2001

Hi everyone, I have been reading everyone's messages for the last few weeks and hope this may help some of you.

After 15 years of pain from endometriosis and adhesions which has caused me to have 18 surgeries and 49 stays in hospital. I became allergic to painkillers about 3 years ago, my last surgery (5 hours worth) I had to recover without the aid of any painkillers. I used meditation, which took me a long time to master, also aromatherapy oils helped me sleep better.

I am now facing more surgery, my surgeon was Professor I D Cooke who retired last year, so I am looking for someone new, hopefully before my bowel blocks again. Professor Cooke was wonderful, he actually tissue grafted my bowel after it blocked ( after my hysterectomy aged 28) to stop it from happening again. It worked a treat, but I then developed endometriosis in my only removing ovary, and it all started again.

Keep positive, cast away your negative thoughts, even when life is very bleak (and my goodness I have had some bleak days, like all of us have) and if anyone needs any advice on complementary therapies, anxiety management etc. etc just go ahead and ask.... I have had more come backs than Frank Sinatra....so I may be able to help..

Luckily, I have a wonderful General Practitioner, one day he was examining me and he asked me if I had watched a TV program about a horse who had bowel adhesions? I said no what happened to it? Oh! he said, they shot it!!!! We both rolled on the floor laughing as he realised he should not have said that to me, but then again it might just be our British sense of humour

With love

Julia

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: