a bit of random acts of kindness!

Fri Jan 12 15:08:19 2001

HI everyone

I just wanted to share. After finding this web site and reading everything I could, I sent email to all my friends and family and included the web site address...they too have now looked it over. And the response has been amazing! They ALL concur that this is most definately my problem... They all know how long I've had these 'mysterious digestive problems' and the pain and hopelessness and discouragement..etc. THEY are all as thrilled as I! That at last we may have found an answer.

I've contacted one surgeon here in Colorado Spring, Colo whoes intake nurse sounded like she knew what was being talked about, it's a beginning, IF he doesn't seem to know the score on adhesions, I'll go to another and another till I find one who does, or is willing to learn! I have some time, I don't seem to be as bad as some, and if I keep my diet soft and liquid, I have little or no pain. My BP has risen some, I think because I was going through a bad bout with pain and was stressed and depressive. We'll see if it goes down now that I'm finding some answers. I need to locate a good GP or internist now here in town. One step at a time :-).

I am very curious, has anyone ever had to file for disability due to this condition, that you all know of? I find it very hard to work ..sitting too long, standing too long, etc...really starts things to acting up. And there's the fatigue involved. Do you all suffer from bouts of fatigue? I probably sleep 12 hours a day, when I can. I just get so tired, so easy.

I came out here to Colorado Springs to re-locate my business I had in Tulsa, OK. But no sooner than I got here, the problems began again...I had about 6 months of relative peace after the gall bladder surgery and the adhesions being removed a year ago, before it began again. I love it here, but I'm not getting done what I came here to do. I may have to just resign my self to relax and try to get better before I do much on the business. :-( But unfortunately, not being able to work much, may make money an issue...that's why I ask about the disability? And I'm away from most of my friends and family, making find you all even nicer!! I may have to revamp my situation here and just hang till I get some of this resolved :-)...as it were.

I see one good side effect...I'm loosing weight. I think not absorbing my food right, had added to my weight. :-) And I also swell alot, ALL over, feet, legs especially...and I noticed swelling listed on the little test on bowel obstruction...interesting, I WOULD NEVER have associated that with my digestive problems!

Thank all of you for being here and your advice and just for listening...the support is invaluable! Love and hugs to all Linda Beebe

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: