Intestine Adhesions

Wed Jan 10 08:21:22 2001

Hello everyone...I need advice and help, I'm miserable. One year ago this month, I had gall bladder surgery, but I'd also had 3 different surgeries in the last 3 years before this...two hernia repairs, and a hysterectomy. During the Gall Bladder Surgery, I ended up on the 'table' for something like 3+ hours while my surgeon removed/fixed adhesions in my small intestines she discovered once inside. My symptoms have/had included: Extreme discomfort and distention upon eating just about anything. GAS!!! HUGE amounts of gas. Just general pain in my stomach. Heatburn, hicups?...just very very uncomfortable. Also...things may be being complicated by a hyenal hernia, sorry spellng is off... WELL..all the symptoms are back, and I'm miserable and have trouble eating almost anything, I can't sleep well, due to pain...everything is still 'passing', but the pain is almost contant, and when I do eat, it's horrible! I have seen people mention altering your diet to help this situation? What other non surgical alternatives are there? And how can I find out more about the diet? And how do you find a doctor who specializes in this? IS there any? thank you

--
Linda Beebe

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: