Shorten bowel for severe constipation? and Surgery for Severe Stomach Gastroparesis?

Thu Jan 4 11:39:40 2001

Hello everyone and Happy New Year..I have been having my struggles with pain and recurrent adhesions (like the rest of us) Anyway...just found out that I have severe gastroparesis of the stomach. Basically the stomach doesn't work! My gastro guy said I can drink fluids the rest of my life or surgery! Also found out through a test called Sitz markers that I have also severe constipation. Gastro doc said they could shorten my bowel to help prevent this....

Does anyone know of these procedures? Do they help? I don't know what the surgical procedure would be called to fix the stomach...Maybe they bypass it and do something else in there???Help...I am calling to make an appt. to see surgeon (my surgeon of years just retired) in a few weeks to figure this out...Please assist me if you can...Appreciate your help. I simply don't want to live my life with this severe pain where my stomach is (from never digesting any food), the severe nausea and vomiting that come with the stomach and bowels not working.

Thanks again. Linda in Washington State

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: