where to go, what to do

Wed Dec 13 10:10:05 2000

Is there any point to seeing another G.I.? My last round of testing resulted in yet another IBS diagnosis, and the advice to take two tablespoons of psyllium a day. It's not helping at all, and my belly is so distended that a look pregnant! Every day is such a struggle, there is a list of about 10 foods that I can eat, and even then the food sometimes sits in my stomach for hours, often coming back up for a second tasting. Why won't doctors listen and try to hlp? Instead, the process of seeing a new doctor leads to such hopelessness and defeat. Is there really anything they can do? Or do I need to accept that for the rest of my life, I can be grateful to at least be able to eat steamed broccoli and carrots, mashed potatoes and cereal? I try to wake up with hope every day. I experiment with different foods in an effort for a more balanced diet, but I feel my head bruised from how many times it's hit the wall. Thanks for letting me vent, I just don't know where to turn. Any cooments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--
Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: