Re: IF.....................yesterday's battle

Tue Dec 5 05:10:42 2000

Yesterday I had a an appointment to complete a disability living allowance form with my GP. Her first question was: "On what grounds are you applying for this - you have to have something serious!" My only reply was: "On the grounds that I am in pain all the time and as a result cannot work to support myself!" She grudgingly filled in the form using words like "Apparently" and on her "Bad days" she has trouble walking etc. So if I do get any money then it will be a miracle!

GOOD NEWS THOUGH: I had my fallopian tubes xrayed and the miracle is that they ARE NOT BLOCKED!!! I was told to expect that they were, as the whole area is covered with adhesions. Please pray that my ovaries can function normally too.

All best wishes Zoe

At Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>A laparotomy in 1970 changed my life forever!! Since that time I have experienced all of the following:
>** If you have severe chronic pelvic pain...
>
>** If have all your tests have been normal...
>
>** If you are told that your symptoms are functional in origin...
>
>** If you have been told that stress is causing your pain...
>
>** If you have been told that " It's all in your head "....
>
>** If you are told that an allergy may be responsible for your pain....
>
>** If your doctor has been so insensitive as to laugh at you, when you have come to him/her for help...
>
>** If you have been told that there is nothing wrong...
>
>** If you have been told that you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS); but you do not have the classic IBS symptoms ( constipation and diarrhea) ...
>
>** If your doctor tells you that the cause of your pain is Fibromyalgia ( because your pain is referred to other parts of your abdomen )...
>
>** If your doctor suggests that you need to have a mental health evaluation...
>
>** If your doctor prescribes Tranquilizers...
>
>IT IS VERY POSSIBLE THAT ADHESIONS COULD BE THE CAUSE OF YOUR CHRONIC PAIN!!! In 1997 I had a Diagnostic Laparoscopy -- which PROVED that there was a VALID REASON for the severe chronic pain, which I had endured. MASSIVE ADHESIONS HAD ATTACHED MY OMENTUM TO MY ABDOMINAL WALL!!!
>
>A DIAGNOSTIC LAPAROSCOPY is the ONLY WAY that ADHESIONS can be diagnosed!!
>
>A DIAGNOSTIC LAPAROSCOPY is the ONLY WAY that ENDOMETRIOSIS can be diagnosed!!

--
Zoe (UK)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: