Robin is home

Sun Dec 3 07:24:51 2000

Dear all Here is the email I sent to my online Family & Friends about my trip & surgery. Sorry if I sent this to your email address, & again here, so dont feel like you have to read it again. To those of you that didnt get in through email, dont feel like you arent my friends/family, because everyone on this board, I care about!! I just dont have everyones email addresses. Dear Friends & Family I am home now & resting after a long, long trip home. The flight from Dusseldorf, Germany to Newark, New Jersey took 8 & 1/2 hours with about 2 hr lay over. I did get a wheel chair & someone to help with my lugage through customs. All went smoothly there, as I had "nothing" to declare. (You dont have to claim anything under $400.00) Of course, I did buy a few Christmas gifts, & a couple of things for myself. The flight from Newark to Pheonix took about 4 hours 20 mins. So, it did make for a very long day. I was met at the airport by my husband Dan, & our kids, Frances, Jacob & Leigh Ann. Jacob was a "year" older since I saw him, since he had his 16th birthday while I was gone. Things went well & I was able to return home 6 days early. Dan was able to get my flight home changed from Dec 6, to Dec 1. So, I was home for our 17th Anniversary on Dec 2. I really felt as I was on Holiday since I had to have my surgery date delayed because it turned out one of my meds had asprin in it & the Dr was concerened about bleeding during surgery. So, one week later, I had my first surgery. On Monday Nov20th, I was the 3rd to have surgery that day. The Dr reported that I had a lot of adhesions & the took them all down & used interceed gel. I was out of the hospital on Wed morning, feeling wonderful, with only having 1 extra pain tablet the same day as surgery. Of course, I am still on the pain patch, since it takes so long to be taken off of it, but am down from 75mg/h to 50 mg/h. The next Monday, November 27th, I had my second look surgery. The other women who had there surgery had very good results with one have some adhesions return, one woman had one adhesion return & 2 women having none. (Guess which I was hoping for??) Well, I had 50% adhesion returned, but the Dr was very hopeful that then I would only have 1/2 return after that, with a total of 75% reduction in adhesions & pain. What very good news for me!! The other good news is. . . . . IF I have pain/adhesions return, the Dr is willing to redo the surgery!! WHAT HOPE THAT GIVES ME!!!!!! I now know that I wont have to live with pain!! IF I do return sometime next year or after that, Dan will be able to go with me & He will get to enjoy all the things I got to experience in Germany! I spent only 1 night in the hospital with the 2nd look surgery, & had no additional pain meds. I feel wonderful & only have surgical discomfort. I havent felt this wonderful in over a Year. Thank you to my family & friends that sent me emails & thank you to the ones that kept me in their prayers & thoughts while I was in Germany. I will go for now, as I still have some rest & recovery to do still. But, I want to thank the International Adhesion Society, that can be found on line at http://www.adhesions.org for helping me find out that I wasnt alone in my suffering & helped me to find Dr Korell in Germany, and of course, my Lord, for being with me & providing a way for me to go & to my family,, that also provided the means to go & for allowing me to be gone from home with out them & for their love & support for the past 3 weeks. with all my love,

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: