Re: 4 Weeks post op, having some problems

Thu Nov 23 11:13:08 2000

At Tue, 21 Nov 2000, mark harrington wrote: >
>Hi everyone,
>
>This is Helen G (Australia), It has been 4 weeks since my laparotomy, I had my ovaries removed, adhesions lysised and a bladder distenshion, I am now experiencing dull aching when sitting and I get really bloated and really uncomfortable after eating. I seem to get a lot of wind pain also, and my bowels seem to be moving very slowly. I don't know if it's surgery pain ( does'nt feel like it) or if it's all in my head. ( I'm sure it's not).
>
>I am in the same situation as Jaynie, I have had 6 surgeries in 4 years, and until 2 days ago I thought I was doing OK.
>
>My questions is: has anyone after surgery experienced the type of pain and symptoms I am having at the moment?. I don't know if to go to my GP or wait until I go back for my follow up appointment.
>
>On a brighter note I hope that everyone who's had surgery recently is feeling better, and is recovering well.
>
>Thanks for listening
>
>Helen G.

Helen, like they told me, you are only 4 weeks into it ! You need more time. I did have gas pain in the beginning too and still do if it is a whopper ! You had a whole lot of work done hon. You need to keep your bowels moving anyway you can. If I don't then I get pain in my right side and to sit is painful. My lowback will start hurting too. I was inflammed in my intestines so I have been doing a 7 day acidophilus drink and I don't feel as inflammed. It is called "Replete" made by "inter Plexus, Inc. It is made here in WA USA. I JUST RELIZED THAT. I will send you some or there must be a health food store that carries a acidophilus & bifidus powder formula that you can get. Or I'd be glad to send it. My surgeon said if you did a bowel prep before surgery you could get a yeast in your intestines. That's all I know, hang in there and do call your doctor so you don't have to worry about it, that's worse than the pain sometimes. Loves and poops , Jaynie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: