giving thanks for all of you!

Wed Nov 22 14:50:14 2000

Hi Friends,

I wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! I know it is hard sometimes to sort through all that is going on in our lives and stop & remember what we are thankful for.....but HEY....it is that time of year. So.....I'm thankful for my family & friends and all the love in my life, for the health of all just mentioned, for the sun shining today and something new to be thankful for this year.....my IAS family!!!

Things here have been up and down. I've been trying physical therapy and trying to keep an open mind about it. I feel I have to give it a try to keep jumping through the hoops they put us through. The first few visits were excrutiating but now I think it actually may be helping a little. If nothing else it is making me feel like my belly is more part of me instead of this painful glob of deadened stuff. (almost no sense of feeling outwardly on the tummy anymore). I'm calling my therapy my "twice a week Buddha belly rub for luck". hehehe better to laugh than cry..........

We found out yesterday that our beloved cocker dog "Betty" has what they think is a malignant tumour on her jaw that may have spread to her lymph nodes. She is at the vet today having a biopsy done. I spent yesterday crying so hard that I gave myself a pounding migraine last night. Thanks to my adhesions and hysterectomy my hubby and I were unable to have children so our pets ARE our kids so this is very painful...but we'll get through it and do the right thing by our dear Betty. She is still feeling fine, happy and active so we'll hold on to that for now.

Sorry I haven't been posting much the past week or so but emotions on this end were in a downward spiral and I didn't feel like I had much positive to contribute. But I think I've tripped on that bottom lip long enough and it is time to get back in the swing of things.

TO ALL THE GERMANY TRAVELERS.................WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!! Another blessing to be thankful for.....that you are all home and hopefully feeling great! The notes from Germany touched my heart so. Many a time I was crying while reading them but they were tears of hope and friendship. Special thanks to all those helping our IAS ladies during their surgery & recovery (Sylvie, Elke, Dr. Korell & staff, dear hubbys....etc).

To Connie.......I have been in touch with Dr. Cook's office. I will be talking to Debbie again this Monday to set up a phone consult with the doc. Thanks for the support! I'll be keeping you posted.

Mary Wade.....big Thanksgiving hugs! PS...never had gooseberry pie, love chai tea and to heck with low residue on turkey day....but plenty of Ensure on Friday! :-)) Hugs

Chrissy, Terri, Helen G., & Lynne......biggest hugs to you although gentle! I know your pain and disappointment as I've been there several times too. The despair of knowing the pain is back is impossible to describe. I don't know how but we have to always try and hang on to hope....wait for improved & updated methods and barriers. What else can we do? You are in my thoughts and prayers! Up or down, sad, mad or glad, we are always here to listen and most of all to care!

So much for a quick note. Thats what I get for being silent for a week or two...I go overboard. :-)) Feeling so thankful for this group.........

A Happy and Painfree Thanksgiving wish for all.... Verna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: