Why does my body keep letting me down?

Mon Nov 20 11:49:20 2000

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as Chrissie. The ADHESIONS ARE BACK. I didn't have any pain free days but I kept telling myself it was just operation pain but I think I new deep down on the Sunday we were coming home from Germany and the pulling started. I wanted to let Dr Korell and our dear friend Elke in Germany know about the pain before I posted on the board.

I've spent the last week feeling very sorry for myself and not even looking at the Message Board. I couldn't face it.

Like Chrissie, I don't want anyone to be put of going for Surgery with Dr Korell (Chrissie went to Drs Reich and Redan). I have great faith in him and would trust him with my life. He is a real gentleman and knows what he is doing. I think I just fell through the net and was one of the unlucky ones but some day when we get the money together I will go back and keep trying to get some sort of normal life.

I have an appointment with my Doctor tomorrow (she's the witch who causes me more pain than the adhesions do!) to try to get my painkillers back to what they were before the operation. I know she will probably think it's in my head and I just want the codene. Tomorrow is going to be a really horrible day.

The pain is hard to cope with at the moment. Sometimes I forget we have been to Germany already. I would really love to have that feeling of hope back again.

I really admire Chrissie for her faith in God. At the moment he and I aren't on speaking terms. Not just for the fact that the adhesions are back but while we were away I kept praying to God (after the first operation and the cyst formed) when the pain was really bad to take the pain away. When the pain didn't go away I just prayed to God to help me cope with the pain better. That didn't happen either. Finally then, on our way home, I was in agony and we had to wait 3 hours in Brussels for our flight connection home and guess what, the plane was delayed for an hour and I just thought "God after all the pain during the fortnight and all my praying you couldn't even get us home in time". Sorry, please forgive me for babbling. I'm sure God and I will be friends again soon. Probably the next time I go to ask him for something!!

I really do wish, from the bottom of my heart, all my American friends a very happy Thanksgiving and for those still to go for surgery, you will be in the hands of the very best and when God and I do start talking again my prayers will be with you.

Love and hugs from Belfast.

--
Lynne.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: