Re: ADHESIONS digest 709

Fri Nov 17 02:58:22 2000

To Whom it May Concern: I am a recent subscriber to the adhesions digest. Although I have yet to be diagnosed with adhesions, my GI believes I may have them (I am awaiting a CAT scan to determine this next weekend). At any rate, I am 31 years old with a 16 year history of ovarian cysts and two years with endometriosis. I have been in so much pain during the past 2 months. Specifically, my lower right abdomen feels like there is a rubber band and two people are pulling both ways. it hurts to sit stand and sleep. I had also been vomitting everything, including 7-up and soup since the end of september--every night. I cant take pain meds on a regular basis because I am a social worker who remains on call for an emergency room. However, I had a transvaginal hysterectomy on 11/1--no incisions---the surgery went well and I am not in pain anymore, but my right side is killing me. I have a 4 year old to care for and all I can do is lay in bed!! This is unlike me, but I dont know how else to deal with the pain. (FYI: I have had blood tests and ultrasounds and it appears as though my gll bladder, liver and pancreas are fine!! Also, I have had a tubal ligation {1/00} but that was a laser surgical procedure. I have not had any abdominal surgery.) I am so scared that if the CAT scan shows nothing, that there will be no pain relief. Is surgery the only way to remove adhesions?? I would appreciate any suggestions, help etc because I feel that I am in this alone. By the way, even when I was post-op and on a morphine drip in the hospital I was in tears because of the pain in my right side. I would appreciate a response as soon as possible! Thanks for your time. Sincerely, Ms. R. Watkins Cinti, Ohio

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: